Shridi Sai Baba Seva Food for Poor People

Dear Sai Devotee,

Om Sai Sri Sai Jaya Jaya Sai,

A Hearty Welcome to our World Shridi Sai Baba Seva – Non Profit Organization.

Here you can find many adds (banners) of your right side. by clicking the adds (banners) & registering in that adds, we will get the money from that banners to use this money of food for poor people in this world.

Just spend your time for poor people by clicking & register the adds and you can post your comments & blessing to reach SAI BABA’s Feet by this blog and refer to your family members & friends.

Please feel free to contact me or if you have any questions or suggestions.

We need your continuous support to serve all poor persons with bread & butter.

I am sure you will enjoy being here and be a part of the world Shridi Sai Baba Seva Family Member.

Please feel free to Introduce yourself in the blog & Introductions so that other members know you're here.

With Best Regards,

Sai Devotee (On behalf of World Shridi Sai Baba Seva Family Member)

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Story Of Rs. 10/- By The Grace Of Sadguru Shri Shirdi Saibaba

 the wonderful service you are rendering to Baba. If He permits, do publish this experience of mine, which I have drafted in a “story” format. Innumerable such experiences. If He permits, I will soon write again.

December 22, 2011 to December 26, 2011, kind Baba set me for a visit to HIS house atShirdi, which I call my “Baper Badi”, in Bengali meaning “Father’s House” or commonly termed as “Maika” in Hindi. I was with my 19 month old baby girl, Doll (Saina) and her nanny (Sumitadi). 

I am devoted to HIS worship since a tender age by HIS blessings. Since I had told Baba that I would marry only a Sai Bhakt and none else. HE was kind enough to see that my husband, who was a Bhakt of Goddess Kali, and did not hear about Shirdi Saibaba till then. I got totally converted to a Sai Bhakt before our marriage. Today, I can proudly say, he is more Sai’s than Sai is mine. 


Since Sai is our (husband and mine) Baba, we have taught our daughter to call HIM “SAIDADU” (Grandfather), which she does. She plays with Baba’s idol at home. She wishes HIM “Good Morning Dadu” on waking up. She helps me give HIM bath, feeds HIM, helps me dress HIM up, claps her hand during Aartis, sings HIS bhajan so on and forth. Doll also snatches Baba’s head dress and plays with HIM. 

This is a brief on our daily house chores. 

Now, coming back to my “Maika” or “Baper-Badi” visit to Shirdi. I am sure that all devotees must have faced the erratic behavior of the security guards inside the temple. Not all are bad, but most of them push the devotees and shun them away as soon as one comes closer to the idol to get a finer look at Baba’s divine form. Devotees are literally treated as “criminals or Qaidis” (forgive me if I say wrong). And for that matter all are pushed whether they are kids or older people. Even, men guards push young ladies, women as well as old people with all their might. Whilst I understand, they too are pressurized on account of the daily crowd, but then where Baba’steaching is for treating everyone humbly? I have found these guards lack the “patience” factor despite being endowed by such a noble act of taking care of the pilgrim devotees. I understand mail discussion on the rudeness of the security guardhad been brought up earlier, but I do not see any progress on their attitude so far. Leaving this issue to Baba’s feet let me carry on

Now, inside the temple, when we got a chance to come closer to HIM, we got a very bad push. Frankly, whatever happens to me, I don’t mind as I take all as HIS blessings. So when the guard pushed me hard aside, I still stared at HIM. Then I heard “Doll” cry. They had pushed Sumitadi (Doll’s nanny). And that’s when my mother’s instinct got the better of me. How can a delicate 19 month baby be shunned so? Their bones are soft and these guards use immense strength to push the devotees. Babies and old people can easily land up with serious injuries. Out came my mother’s protective self and I fired the security guard “What do you think you are doing?” At that moment, I did not think of Sai since I got terribly angry with HIM. How can HE watch this happening? I felt. Nonetheless, the lady guard answered me very rudely “Why? What happened? Can’t you see what happened? You have a baby bitterly crying.” “What if I were to push you the same?” I replied. Just then, a senior guard, who was a spectator to all the happenings, told me “He was sorry on behalf of the lady guard.” That ended there, but I was very angry with SAI. And I did not even once look at HIM after that. My daughter was crying profusely and saying “DADU. Na!!” (Meaning “Dadu. No”).


We came out of the temple and directly fell onto the queue which took us to Dwarakamai. I was actually so angry with Deva that I wanted to rush back to the hotel as my daughter was hurt and wanted to cry. But no, HE knew we were hurt (deep). So HE put us directly to the queue which took us to Dwarakamai. Inside Dwarakamai, I complained Baba, “How did YOU allow this”? Doll loves you so much so I do. It’s not about only us. This is a question of so many devotees, including older women, who are pushed so bad. What if they hurt their bones? 

I bowed down to take HIS blessings on the stone, where HE used to sit. And what do I see after straightening up? I had a Rs. 10/-note in hand. I was quiet surprised. I asked the security guard standing next to me as to why had he given the Rs. 10/- to me as I observed he was trying to hand over some flowers from Baba’s stone to me. 

He replied “Why should I give you Rs. 10/-?” 

“So what do I do with it now?” I asked. 

He replied “What do I know? Give it in the Hundi if you want!” 

With dual mind, I placed the note in the Hundi thinking that the note belonged to someone else who has lovingly given Baba, so I shouldn’t keep it. Although I wanted to keep it as I felt Baba gave me the Rs.10/- since I have told HIM something about Rs.10/-. Soon, the security guard rushed to me and asked me “What did you do with the Rs.10/-?”

“I have put it back to the Hundi.” I replied. 

“Why? Baba just told me that HE gave it to you!” he said. 

“Really! Well, actually I was annoyed since few other security guards in the Samadhi Mandir misbehaved with my daughter and me. I was complaining Baba.” I disclosed all the facts to him. 

“Perhaps, Baba has sent me to you. You wait here with a calm mind and talk to Baba. I am coming back in a jiffy.” he gestured me to sit on the Dwarakamai with my daughter and Sumitadi and he rushed away somewhere. 

I waited with my daughter trying to come in terms with the happenings and talking mentally to Baba requesting HIM to return the Rs.10/- to me as being a fool I did not understand. HE gave it to me and so put it back to the Hundi. Although I know without HIS wish, nothing can happen and my putting back to the Hundi might have been HIS desire. 

Meanwhile the security guard returned with Rs.4/-. He told me to give Rs.2/- to my husband and Rs.2/- should be kept by me. He asked us to worship them as directed by Baba. He also gave me few “Chappatis”. I was thrilled. I thanked him and returned back to the hotel. But all the while Rs.10/- was swinging in my mind. Strangely enough, I wanted the Rs.10/- from SAI. I kept on telling HIM, “YOU gave it to me. So why did YOU take it away? YOU will have to return it to me.” 

After couple of days, we had nice and peaceful Darshan. The last day, was the best Darshan. I went for the Kakad Aarti (alone). Oh how lovely. I had the pass. I got the passes done through online booking. It is very convenient. For all my stay dates, I had booked one Darshan and one Aarti daily. I encourage all SAI devotees to make use of the online Darshan system, which has made Darshan so convenient. Thanks to Baba. Thanks to the Sansthan. 

The entire Kakad Aarti went on for 1hour 30 minutes or perhaps 2 hours (Instead of the standard 20 minutes Aarti and 30 minutes Abhishek Pooja, total 1hour). In Kakad Aarti, I had 7-8 Bhajans. Usually only 1 Bhajan is sung. But I was lucky. I could get to hear endless Bhajans. This happens only on days that the Pujari’s decide to clean a depth all the surroundings of the Mandir. Then Baba’s Mangal Snan, Abhishek Pooja, Shirdi Mera Pandharpur – Choti (small) Aarti and finally the Darshan queue was released. I could stand for more time without harassment from the security guards. And imagine 2 hours in front of Baba. It was Divine. Isn’t it? I thanked Baba telling HIM “Is it because today is my last day with YOU here. That is so many blessings. YOU don’t want me to let go. Isn’t it Baba?” Since the Rs.10/- was all along revolving in my mind. I once again reminded Baba to give me the Rs.10/-. 

Let me share with all a particular method of Puja as done by me at home (although with the winter advent, I haven’t been able to continue with this routine!). I felt perhaps that was precisely the reason, HE was kind to me with the Kakad Aarti and the Bhajans. 

I wake up around 3.30 am in the morning. Have bath. And tune to the Live Darshan from Shri Saibaba Sansthan so that I can also do my regular Kakad Aarti in tandem with the Shirdi Mandir. I give HIM bath in tandem with the Mandir too. And the most heart melting moment during my prayers each day is when the Bhajans are sung by the Pujari. Oh what a feeling!! You will simply melt whilst you listen to the Bhajan in the Pujari’s Voice. No professional singer’s voice can match the Pujaris voice, in my opinion. I have downloaded some to listen to it at my ease and want. I feel so much connected to the Pujari’s voice that I always convey thanks to the Pujari in my mind. This time, Baba gave me the opportunity to thank the “Pujari Ji” personally for his melodious and honest voice in service of BABA. 

I recollect, I spotted him amongst the crowd, and how fast I had to run to catch up with him to convey my gratitude. BABA took care of my desire to thank him. And perhaps, it is also for this reason that I call myself lucky that I could get to hear 7-8 Bhajans, where only 1 or at best 2 Bhajans are sung on a daily note in the Mandir. This also elongated my proximity to Baba too in terms of the hours spent with HIM as against to the pushing by the security guard for spending even a second more! 

With all these happenings, I still had the Rs.10/- revolving in my mind. I felt any moment someone will come and hand over Rs.10/- to me! 

Finally, it was time to check out from the hotel. While leaving the room, I went to the picture of Baba hung on the hotel room and told HIM “All is well! But where’s my Rs. 10/-? Look, I am not leaving without the Rs.10/-. Now YOU decide how YOU would give me the Rs.10/-“ 

I went down for signing the hotel bill. I signed the bill and paid the amount reflected, by Credit Card. I had pre-booked my hotel from Make My Trip, so I had only to pay for certain secondary requirements. As I bid “Good-Bye” to the counter. I heard a voice call me back “Madam, won’t you collect your Rs.10/-?” With utter dismay, I turned around to find the Manager at the Hotel Desk show me a Rs.10/- note. 

Like a hungry beggar, wet-eyed and thumping heart, I replied “Yes, of course. But why Rs.10?” 

“Your bill amount was Rs.992/-, By mistake we punched Rs.1000/-. So we return Rs . 10/- to you.” Manager replied. They did not take the Rs.2/- change from me. 

I had goose-bumps then and even now as I write this. The Rs.12/- was kept in my shrine and worshipped regularly. 

Baba’s daughter, 
Love to all Sai-Bhakts. May Baba bless each of you abundantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment